Fwd: RE: Christmas song I haven't heard once this year!

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Sat Dec 20 13:27:19 EST 2003

>DATE: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 11:16:13
>From: "Larry Lovering" <news@southstation.org>
>To: "John Bolduc" <n1qgs@yahoo.com>, <boston-radio->interest@bostonradio.org>

>I'm looking for the title and artist name of the >brass choir that performs
>"God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen."  I've heard it twice >on two different
>stations as I was driving, and couldn't call to find >out who that was.  Any
>takers on this one?

If by any chance you tuned in to WCRB, their website displays
recordings and music (not necessarily the same thing)
in a screen called "What Did I Hear?" (the click-through
is a picture of Beethoven who was famously deaf).
It includes "Christmas Clusters" by Artists, and one of them
is the "Philadelphia Brass".  Individual selections within the
cluster are not displayed so I can't tell whether "GRYMG"
is included, but it's possible.  I don't know if "The
Philadelphia Brass" is a standalone outfit (although
French Horn players tend to sit down) or is a section
out of the Philadelphia Symphony Orchestra.