Radio question for the proposed Red Sox-Alex Rodriguez trade !!!!!

Mark bostonradio@yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 08:18:57 EST 2003

Mike,

Just a tiny correction...Yes, he's the Vice chairman of Clear Channel
and his investment company -- Hicks, Tate & Muse does own a signficant
chunk of Clear Channel. But, he's not a sole owner of the giant media
company.

Interesting theory...where would they move the Sox broadcasts in Boston?
Kiss, Jamn and Kiss 1430? No chance. If 1200 was already in play and
had a sports format of some kind, I could see Hicks having some leverage in
the A-rod talks. The 1200 project faces a number of obstacles before it
can get off the ground. At this point, CC doesn't really have a
local radio connection to house the Sox broadcasts in two years.

Thanks!

Mark