TV Coverage Of The Storm

Nostaticatall nostaticatall@comcast.net
Mon Dec 8 01:53:52 EST 2003

Radio didn't "let" TV get ahead of them. TV found a way of getting
cancellation information to the audience quicker and more efficiantly
than radio.  Think about it.  Most radio stations that do cancellations
run down the entire list two or three times an hour.  Let's say you
lived in Beverly, you tuned to WBZ, and they were up to the "D's" on the
list, you'd be S.O.L for another 20-30 minutes when the list was read
again.  If you turn on the TV and check out the scroll, it repeats every
five minutes or so.  Outside of reading the cancellation list over and
over continuously for three hours during morning drive--which would be
awful radio--how can radio get the info out there faster than TV? TV is
able to do the job better, plain and simple.

--Mike Thomas