All Christmas Music

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 20:32:39 EST 2003

--- SteveOrdinetz <steveord@bit-net.com> wrote:
what
> do songs like "Sleighride", "Winter Wonderland" and
> "Frosty The Snowman"
> have to do with Christmas?

They're all songs related to winter but most of us
have associated them with Christmas for so long that
many people think of them as Christmas songs rather
than "winter songs". All of them are about joyous
winter activities which, of course, do go on all
winter long. But maybe we're so sick of hearing them
by Dec. 25 that we give up on them!

Kind of reminds me about how the post office for which
I work (a sorting facility in N. Reading)
has a "lawn" display up every year of a snowman
putting
his hat on and taking it off (mechanical). Last year
it was up till about mid-March, perhaps because we had
snow cover until that time. But then again
maybe it was up there as a "winter" symbol, not
a "Christmas" symbol. A snowman (and sleigh rides,
and a "winter wonderland") isn't necessarily confined
to just December but somehow the _songs_ you
mentioned, have been...