WHDH Didn't Air "Saturday Night Live" Hosted By Rev. Al Sharpton

Ron Bello RBello@BelloAssoc.com
Sun Dec 7 12:25:23 EST 2003

At 12:22 PM 12/7/03 -0500, Mark Watson wrote:
>   Last night, NBC's "Saturday Night Live" was hosted by the Rev. Al
>Sharpton, who is running for President. The 4 NBC affiliates in Iowa
>refused to air last night's show, fearing they would have to offer equal
>time to the other presidential candidates. WHDH-TV (Channel 7) did not show
>last night's live SNL either. Apparently NBC fed a "Best of Steve Martin"
>SNL show that Channel 7 carried. I'm guessing that NBC fed that alternate
>SNL show for the 4 Iowa affiliates, but did Channel 7 pass on the Rev. Al
>Sharpton SNL for the same equal time reasons?
>
>Mark Watson

While WHDH did not show the live SNL, channel 10 WJAR in Providence did.

Weekend Update did list the cities with a derogatory comment assuming that no
one from those areas would be watching.