WMWM holiday shutdown; Bob Nelson "retiring"

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 10:12:08 EST 2003

WMWM (91.7 Salem) will be shut down from Dec. 20, '03
to Jan. 5, '04 because Salem State will be closed for
the holidays. (Same as last year.) If you hear
anything on 91.7 it'll probably be that WUMB
translator up in Newburyport/Amesbury (WNEF) during
that period.

Also I, Bob Nelson, am heading out of WMWM after
almost 23 years (started 3/19/81). I want to have time
for other things (like computer stuff!). My blues
show, the Juke Joint, will be headed by Henry "Jump
Steady" Bellows. Other Juke Joint DJs include Skippy
White (of WUMB and record store fame), Toni Lynn
Washington (famed blues/soul singer!), Joe Bednarek
(formerly did a show at Georgetown Univ.), and Rich
Hughes (of WMFO fame). Paul Spagnolia (of the bands
Mission of Blues and the Wildcats) is leaving as he
has a too-busy schedule.

I'll do the occasional fill in at WMWM (and maybe
WNSH, too). It's been fun but time to move on. (I'll
be 42 in Feb. and had no idea when I was 19 I'd be at
WMWM this long! :) )

"More powerful that two 60 watt light bulbs!"
"We got more power, eh heh!"
"WMWM...SALEM!"