RE: Pro's & Kin's

Sven writes:
> She's a Peruvian.
>
> Her name is Mandalit del Barco.

Interestingly, that site says, "Born in Lima, Peru, to a Peruvian father and
Mexican-American mother, Mandalit grew up in a small town in Kansas and in
Oakland, California. She began her journalism career while a student at the
University of California, Berkeley...."

I guess that takes it back to my original remark about how she heavily accents
her name in sign-off, erswhile reveals no hint of a Latino accent in her
discourse.  All that aside, and I consider that a very small matter on a slow
news day, she seems to do some great work.

Bill O'Neill