Spam on the list

It's not like it's reached a deluge or anything, but I'm seeing more spam
creeping on to the listserv than usual lately.  Used to be once a month at
most, now it's more like once or twice a week on a bad one.

Like many netizens I have a very dark, nasty spot in my heart reserved for
spam e-mails...like cockroaches, if you see one - it's too many.  Is there
anything we can do to help Garrett keep our beloved list spam-free?