Re: Sherm Feller (was: First radio network broadcast)

All the time

Sherm was a free spirit who loved the doggie track and the saloons of
the city but there was no doubt who his true love was

About 20 years ago Sherm was out in California visiting Fred Lynn and
his wife and was playing something on the piano. Fred asked what it was
and Sherm replied a symphony I wrote about JFK. Fred said why don't you
do something with it and Sherm said it cost 50K to score. Well Lynn paid
for it and it was performed by the Baltimore Symphony. He was much more
than a PA announcer at Fenway, which is why I have no doubt he hosted
something for a radio network.
Ken Mayer was another orginal who was never replaced. To this day
thousands can remember his phone number which isn't bad considering the
quality of the 1600 signal.