RE: Independent Burlington (VT) radio station feels FCC heat

> folks at RFB seem to be too stupid to have a license.  Shut up.  Let it
> cool down. Apply for a LPFM license.

The RFB folks have demonstrated they don't even have the knowledge it
takes to have a licence.

Let's say by the grace of someone, they do get a licence.

The transmitter starts drifting off frequency (for instance). A complaint
is filed.  An inspector shows up (unannounced).

Will they be screaming bloody murder about search warrants and "freedom of
speech" (there's no such thing) or will they own up that they weren't
babysitting the transmitter, pay the fine, have the rig repaired and learn
from their experience?

It's like a kid with a learner's permit, who unwittingly moves a car into
a parking space for someone, is spotted by the cops (because of numerous
violations on the vehicle) doing it and gets tickets. Does the kid
cooperate with the officer or does he start yelling and screaming?

I did the former.  The violations were corrected and the fines were
waived.  I had to pay the fine for driving without a valid licence (or a
licenced driver in the car).  I learned from my mistake.  It will never
happen again.

--
Sven