Re: WMTW

"Dan Billings" wrote:

>Of course, that was before the new split shift.

Sounds like the Boston Commuter Rail workers' shifts
in the 70's - when I commuted Lawrence-Boston to WRKO.

A conductor told me that the company could specify an "off-time"
in the middle of his shift.  So he would start work in Haverhill,
work 4 hours, have 3 (unpaid) hours off in Boston and then work
4 more hours - ending up back in Haverhill.

8 hours pay for an 11-hour day.  He used the off-time to see
movies.  Nice leisure, but a very looooooong day.

Are split shifts like this common in broadcasting?