From: Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:56:02 -0400
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: More on WIDE sale

The Portland Press Herald had a small story on the WIDE sale.  Former owner
Bart Bailey said that WIDE had struggled in the face of declining ad
revenues.  "People don't listen to local radio like they may have at one
time," Bailey said.

It is easy to blame the big corporations for the lose of local radio, but
here is a case of local owners trying to make it and selling out because the
community did not support the station.  So who is really to blame?

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

http://mail2web.com/ .