Fwd: Empire Carpet and Jack Conway ads on WBZ

>DATE: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:42:01
>From: "rogerkirk" <rogerkirk@mail.ttlc.net>
>To: "BRI"  <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
>
>A few days ago, on WBZ, I heard an ad for Empire >Carpets'
>new siding service.  Yes, they now can side your >house
>in a week.

>The announcer sounded like a lame imitation of
>Dave Maynard.  Anybody else hear it?

>Also, on 'BZ, I heard an ad for Jack Conway Real >Estate
>and the announcer sounded like Dave Maynard (but in a
>boomy room with very reflective walls.)

>Anybody hear that one?

I've heard the Conway ad on radio and I believed it WAS Dave
MAY-nard (that's how he began pronoucing it in the latter part
of his career;  just like John CHANcellor who became John
chanceLLOR!)
I've seen the Empire Carpet ads on TV, and it's   good
to know that The Modernnaires were able to get work again.

Laurence Glavin