Unusual Cable TV DX

The Blackout of 2003 has created a very interesting
situation here on Cablevision Poughkeepsie (NY).
Power was restored to my apartment at 12:55 AM, and
shortly thereafter I turned on my TV to see what the
local TV stations were doing for blackout coverage.
All the major network affiliates were running wall to
wall coverage, while Fox 5 (WNYW) and, as I found,
WWOR (channel 9) were off the air.  There was a weak,
but viewable signal on channel 9, so I checked it out
to see what it was.  Much to my surprise, after an
infomercial ended, shortly after 1 AM, I saw a legal
ID for WIXT-TV Syracuse (NY).  The cable headend was
picking up their over-the-air DXed signal in the
absence of WWOR!  I have never seen anything like this
happen before in my life, has anyone else seen TV DX
occur over cable like this before?

                              Matt Osborne
                              Poughkeepsie, NY