Odd image spot seen on WLVI

I flipped on the TV this evening during THE Ten O'Clock News, and saw
a rather surprising image ad.  The ad looked like a tribute to some
old golfer (Palmer? Nicklaus?), but turned out to be an image ad for
Royal Bank of Scotland Group.

What makes it particularly odd, in this market anyway, is that I was
under the impression that RBS did not want anyone in this market to
know who they were.  (For those not up on the latest banking mergers,
RBS is the company that Anthony Silva is talking about when he
reports, ``Citizens Financial Group of Providence agreed today to
purchase Xyz Bancorp, parent company of Xyz Bank, for forty-three
point two million dollars.  Xyz shareholders will get twenty-seven
dollars and thirty-three cents in cash per share.  I spoke with
Citizens vice president John Doe earlier today....'')

One wonders if this means they are changing their strategy and we'll
now start seeing ads for ``RBS Citizens Bank'', following recent
bizarre trend at other large multinational banks that have given the
world ``RBC Centura'' and ``BMO Bank of Montreal''.

-GAWollman