Re: WCVB Helicopter crash in Hudson NH on october 18 1983

--- John Bolduc <n1qgs@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Also, did a WEEI traffic copter go down in the early
> 1970's resulting in
> death??

I remember a WEEI copter crash back around then;
somehow the names Bank and Whittemore (?)
come to mind (they may have been the pilot and
reporter). I want to say it crashed into an apartment
house in Quincy; and also I think Rex Trailer, who
did traffic reports on occasion, nearly wound up
being on that copter but wound up missing the
fatal flight. I could be all wrong on all that
but I do remember seeing coverage of the crash
on TV (I would have been about 11 or 12 at the
time).