North Ireland Notice & Certification?

Any lawyers on the list who'd like to comment on this, please do so
off-list to me at aread@speakeasy.net

I stumbled across this while researching bidding on a project...something
like this screams "Logan Act" problems to me but I'm not lawyer and I know
the Logan Act is very complicated for a simple purpose: only the Federal
Gov't can make foreign policy - states cannot.  For example, Massachusetts
tried to pass a law a few years ago that blocked companies that did
business with Burma from doing business with Mass....the US Supreme Court
shot it down on Logan Act grounds IIRC.

Just a thought exercise...

- Aaron

Northern Ireland Notice and Certification. All bidders must complete the
Northern Ireland
Notice and Certification form to satisfy M.G.L. c.7 section 22C, which
states that no state
agency may procure commodities or services from any bidder employing ten
(10) or more
employees in an office or other facility located in Northern Ireland unless
the bidder
certifies through the notice and certification form that if it employs ten
or more employees
in Northern Ireland, a) the bidder does not discriminate in employment,
compensation or
the terms, conditions and privileges of employment on account of religious
or political
belief, b) the bidder promotes religious tolerance within the workplace and
the eradication
of any manifestations of religious and other illegal discrimination and, c)
the bidder is not
engaged in the manufacture, distribution or sale of firearms, munitions,
including rubber or
plastic bullets, tear gas, armored vehicles or military aircraft for use or
deployment in any
activity in Northern Ireland.