Re: WMTW reaches deal with Time Warner Cable

to Dan B.'s use of the word "newscasts," Dan C.'s retort was:

>> Make that "newscast"...in the singular  :)   <<

now, now, Mr. C.  in deference to our news gathering bretheren who poke as
much fun at the Western Avenue newscrew as those of us at Western Ave do
them, here's the exact lineup from the TimeWarner folks themselves:

"(snip)News 8 WMTW's four daily news broadcasts, 6:00 a.m., Noon, 6:00 p.m.
and 11:00 p.m.,
 will be replayed throughout the day on Channel 9. The schedule is as
follows:
The 6:00 a.m. newscast will air from 7:30 a.m. through 1:00 p.m.
The Noon newscast will air from 1:00 p.m. through 7:00 p.m.
The 6:00 p.m. newscast will air from 7:00 p.m. through Midnight.
The 11:00 p.m. newscast will air from Midnight through 7:30 a.m. (the
following day). (snip)"

seems to me like its a viable option for people such as myself who don't
have the luxury of
catching most of those scheduled newscasts live.
in the morning, i'm listening to Dan Cole's excellent radio broadcast
journalistic skills;
at noon, i'm usually convincing the puppy to hurry up and do that
puppy-out-of-the-house stuff;
at six, one of my children usually has a portion of life to lead which
involves me either driving, watching
or participating;
and at 11, i bedder be beddy-bye or i'm the one listening to Dan C do Oldies
AND news in the morning.

Chuck (now 12:28 & i just missed ANOTHER newscast... oh, wait... i can catch
the replay in 2 minutes) Igo