Re: Boston Globe Online / Sports / WWZN cuts staff and programming

Dan Strassberg writes:
>  I suspect, however, that
> ABC could justify a purchase of WWZN for price north of $11 million. If
that
> happens, does anyone want to take bets on how long ESPN Radio will stay
afloat?

Seeing as sports has been on 1510 at least since 1997, I would guess ESPN
would be around for quite a while. ESPN would love to have an affiliate for
its radio network here to show clearance for advertisers, I bet. Shows like
Kornheiser and Patrick might actually do well here, too.

ESPN and NESN also have a partnership through ESPNEWS. I wonder if ESPN and
NESN (i.e. the Red Sox) might go in as partners on a 1510 purchase?

---