The ESPN-Rush Limbaugh story

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0714/1580436.html

I'm kind of surprised that nobody else has mentioned this, but isn't ESPN
taking a worse gamble by having him involved on on their pregame show than
even Dennis Miller's stint on Monday Night Football ??  The fact that he has
no football background is irrelevant as that isn't supposed to be his job to
go over the x's and o's as a Sean Salisbury or Dennis Green, but just the
fact that he is either so loved or so villified depending on your point of
view on his radio talk show that people may not want to watch ( like me )
whatever it is he may bring to the football table on sundays.  He may have a
hard act to follow to get people who don't like to listen to him on the
radio talking about politics to warm up to him talking about football.
Granted, Dennis Miller wasn't going to be the next Vince Lombardi on MNF,
but isn't ESPN just grasping at straws trying to fix something that may not
necessarily be broke by bringing in somebody who isn't necessarily Mr
Popularity in the broadcast world ???