Re: Double letters in Boston-market calls

I don't have Scott's e-mail on "three of a kind" here, so I can't check to see
what he did with the whole 3Wx series, in which there are, of course, 26
possibilities. Of those, 3WE is the most famous. (Despite its departure from
Cleveland, I think 3WE still resides on 1100--on a 10-kW daytimer in southern
Alabama.) 3WG just left Rochester NY, replaced by WHIC, which doesn't have an
AAA format, but the new calls would probably be appropriate for an AA
format ;>) I wonder how many calls in the 3Wx series have been issued. I'd be
very surprised if 3WN isn't in play; it's yet another creative way to
spell "win," and broadcasters have exploited just about every other spelling of
that word--including a bunch that begin with a silent K.

In fact, calls that spell Win, Winner, and Wins (in bizarre ways) could be a
topic for another whole thread  ;>)))

--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205