Dumbass contractors :-)

Someone is going to get their rear handed to them for this one...

http://www.publicopiniononline.com/news/stories/20030702/localnews/581476.html

Borough files objections with FCC over water tank shocks
By CATHY MENTZER
Staff writer

The borough has hired a Louisiana attorney to try to force the owners of
radio station WCBG-AM 1590 to cease operating long enough for workers to
finish a 2-million-gallon water storage tank project in Chambers-5 Business
Park.  The attorney, who specializes in matters involving the Federal
Communications Commission, filed objections with the FCC in late May to try
to block WCBG's continued radio broadcasts, according to Borough Solicitor
Tom Finucane.
(snip)

Construction of the borough's $1.75 million elevated water tank has been on
hold since October when the builder, CB&I Contractors of Pittsburgh, pulled
its workers off the job because they were receiving electrical burns from
radiofrequency (RF) electromagnetic waves being emitted by WCBG's four
radio towers -- located across Tower Road from the water tank site.
(snip)

He indicated that the borough might take legal action against whomever is
responsible for the selection of the ill-fated water tank site in
Chambers-5.  "Within all these arguments, there are other legal issues that
would go to culpability involved with others that were involved in the
process," McLaughlin said. "That I can't comment on at this point because
I'm not aware of all the issues that are going to come into play there. At
this time all our options are open."  The borough bought the 1.4-acre site
from Chambersburg Area Development Corp. in February 1999 for
$35,500.  Borough Water Superintendent Carl Rundquist said last year that
the borough, which used engineering firm Gannett Fleming Inc. to advise it
on the project, is responsible for selecting the water tank site.
(snip)