Re: Community Radio at the Crossroads

Peter
Unfortunately, there really is no alternative, aside from more
government funding...which probably won't happen...or increased local
underwriting. My point was that, despite being a necessary pain,  to the
listener they tend to have a high "tune-out" factor, even to those, who
like myself, do contribute regularly. I just wait for the end of the
week before resuming my regular listening to the station(s).

I don't find the local underwriting tags on Maine Public Radio that
annoying. They are short and discreetly put at breaks in the programming
or during Station IDs. ...Actually MPR's hourly ID of its' 7 stations
takes longer than some of their underwriting credits.

Rod O'Connor
Southwest Harbor, Maine