WJIB-AM Coming At You With 250 Watts

A few days ago I observed that WJIB-AM's signal was weaker
than usual:  it moved the meter on my receiver that displays
relative signal strength to 2 instead of the usual 3,
and was harder to hear on the road on clear areas of Rt. 93 north of Wilmington.  Today (05/18), it was back to
normal so everyone who wishes to do do and lives within
30 or so miles from Fresh Pond in Cambridge will be able to
hear LTAR on 'FCC-Caves-In-To-Big-Media' Eve, June 1st.
BTW, why was WJIB playing a lounge-piano version of
"To Anacreon in Heaven" by John Stafford Smith (or at least
attributed to him) at noon today?

Laurence Glavin
Methuen, MA (spelled 'Metheun' in the Wall street Journal 10 days ago; Jayson Blair disease?)