Re: WBUR & Fresh Air

At 03:16 PM 5/14/2003, Larry Weil wrote:
>At 01:02 PM 5/14/03 -0400, Aaron Read wrote:
>
>>I just realized that WBUR has been airing the BBC from 1-2pm instead of
>>Fresh Air...and that this has been going on for at least a little while
>>now, but that Fresh Air was in there at least a few times inbetween the
>>war and now...
>
>I've also noticed (and been pissed off because) "On The Media" is no
>longer on WBUR on Sunday.  Sometimes I catch it on NHPR at 11 AM, but if I
>don't I then miss the program.  Is it on WBUR at a different time, or has
>it scummed to another hour of BBC programming?

For that matter, didn't "Whaddaya Know?" used to be on after "Wait Wait
Don't Tell Me!" on Saturdays at 1pm?  Their web schedule shows more BBC.

The website also shows no entry for "On the Media" or "Soundprint"
(although I think Soundprint disappeared a while ago) and very surprising
they don't list "Living on Earth" on Sunday nights at 11pm (LOE.org says
it's then and I remember getting an email newsletter bitching about how
WBUR had bumped them from early Sunday morning to a new and equally-lousy
time on Sunday night).

Gone also is the Sunday morning re-broadcast of Weekend Edition Saturday
(which I thought was always a dumb idea, but WESAT was their highest-rated
show for a long time)