Re: Disco 103

Born in 1962, and enamored with radio since about age 5, I welcome Oldies
Radio embracing tunes from the 70s and even into the 80s. I am tolerant, but
not a huge of many oldies prior to say, 1967. Except for the 'staples' of
the 50s and more so the earlier and mid 70s. Indeed, it's not the oldies
we've come to know, but I'm OK with that. Maybe we need a couple of
different tiers of oldies stations. 50s/(earlier)60s and (later) 60s-mid
80s. I can understand those who lament the loss of the doo-wop 50s/60s type
oldies station playlists.

Where I live now, in Palm Coast, FL, WSHE 100.3 Orlando, FL (clear channel)
Plays 60s and 70s oldies. I enjoy listening to their version...

I haven't been home in the Merrimack Valley / Eastern MA for some time
except for short visits in the last 21 years (serving in the US Navy), so
your comments on the Boston radio scene here help clue me in.

Ron Gitschier
Palm Coast, FL