Re: Disco 103

"Mark Watson" wrote:
>    More "disco" titles are making their way into >Oldies 103.3's regular rotation. Heard in the past
>few days: "Shame" by Evelyn Champagne King,
>"Don't Leave Me This Way" by Thelma Houston, "More
>Than A Woman" by the Bee Gees and the long version
>of "Celebration" by Kool & The Gang just to name a
>few. Plus, K.C & The Sunshine Band is one of the
>acts playing their Summer concert series this
>year, one of the Disco era's hottest acts. Plus
>those "Star 103.3" style jingles add to the
>effect!!

Yes, I agree.  However, my issue here is not playing the music,  but the use of the word "Disco."  From the end of the 70's, jocks and PD's have (Warning: pun here) danced all around the issue with euphemisms like "Dance Music" or "Club Classics" but never actually taking the bull by the horns by calling the music Disco and using that in a positioning statement.

BTW:  Barry Scott also used the new "in" word for requests - "Suggestions"

Could there be more format changes on the way?
Lure JJ Wright away from 105.7 and Vinnie Peruzzi from Star 93.7?  Where's Sunny Joe White when radio needs him?