Is The Jibtower Being Painted Again?

Several months ago, it was observed that WJIB-AM 740
was broadcasting with even less daytime power than authorized.
It turned out that the mighty Jibtower was being painted.
Today(05/11) I was checking out my receiver that displays
relative signal strength, and WJIB's midday signal was lower
than usual, though strong enought to be heard 25 miles
north.
It usually drives the pointer to about 3.0, the same as
the nearby station at 760 in Leicester;  today it was
about 2.0.  It matters  little now, but it has to be
at full output by the first Sunday in June!

Laurence Glavin