Re: Clear Channel Bought Viacom?

On 29 Apr 2003 at 12:40, Jeremy Mixer wrote:

> Well you see, there was such thing, until Clear Channel copyrighted the
> name "Clear Channel" and made it so that was no longer possible :)  heh

They trademarked it, not copyrighted it.  You can't copyright a word.

And that doesn't stop people from referring to a generic "clear channel"
station any more than Microsoft's trademark stops people from calling
those openings in the walls of our buildings "windows."  But stations not
owned by "Clear Channel" don't want to give publicity to the competition.