Media coverage of media deregulation

People have noted here how the issues of media ownership deregulation and
ownership concentration are rarely covered or talked about at all in the
mainstream media.  Some have reasonably suggested that this is due to the
inherent conflict that the media faces on this issue.

I was surprised today to here Rush Limbaugh talking about the issue.  He was
obviously defending the policy, but I was surprised to here him talk about
it at all considering what company owns his show.  He even took at least two
callers who disagreed with him.  Both made the points about ownership
concentration limiting the diversity of opinions represented in the media.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine