Old dogs...old tricks

When will they ever learn? When will they EVER learn?

Two local AMs that had seen the error of their ways have lapsed into the bad
habits with which they have so much practice.

WXKS 1430 has been running its day power and nondirectional pattern 24/7 for
about the last month. This station is owned by Clear Channel. If the largest
broadcasting company in America can't run its stations legally, is there any
hope that smaller companies can do so?

WBPS 890 is back to modulating about 50% on positive peaks. This practice
had ended shortly after Air Time Media bagan its LMA with Mega. And the
aggressive modulation WORKED. WBPS was able to make itself heard despite the
wicked nighttime interference from WLS. At least that was the case where I
live--provided I turned the radio to null WLS. For the last couple of weeks,
however, WBPS has gone back to being eaten alive by WLS at night, regardless
of how I orient the radio. Moreover, it's really easy to miss the station as
you tune past on an analog radio--even when WBPS is running its day power.
WROL, WBPS's neighbor up the dial, sounds about 12-dB louder even--when WROL
is running (or is supposed to be running) its night power of less than 100W.

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205, eFax 707-215-6367