Re: Dan Kennedy on Reliable Sources

Dan Billings writes:
> I hope you have never agreed to keep quiet an assination plot that was
later
> carried out.

That is unfair to say. Eason Jordan in fact tried to inform one of the three
threatened assassination targets, King Hussein, who merely laughed it off as
speculation of a "madman" (Uday/Odai Hussein). The other two targets,
Saddam's sons-in-law, surely knew their lives were in danger the second they
were taken into asylum in another country.

I am not excusing CNN's actions at all -- I was horrified to read Peter
Collins' column in the Washington Times last week, specifically the comments
made by then-CNN president Tom Johnson, who was pandering for a Saddam
interview, about Collins' "reporting" -- but the above incident wasn't as
black-and-white as you seem to think.