RE: NBC's David Bloom, RIP

Paul asked:
>>OK, is it just me...or is David Bloom getting A LOT more hype over his death
than Michael Kelly?<<

would the fact that David was a Television NETWORK host/correspondent perhaps
have something to do with it?
i wouldn't call it hype.  the NBC staffers, and others at other networks, are
seriously grieving the loss of a guy with a really good reputation.
we (media junkies all) are plugged in constantly.  there are casual viewers /
listeners who don't always hang on every word or image.
just this morning, i got three phone calls from people wondering where the
morning man at our Oldies station has gone.  these are people who were not on
vacation or out of town.  just people who were otherwise focused on matters
other than Oldies last week. (our morning guy died suddenly a week ago...)

- -Chuck Igo