Re: webcast question

At 09:26 AM 3/31/2003 -0800, Cooper Fox wrote:
>I am not up on my webcasting law, but...  Last I knew
>wasn't it illegal to broadcast commercial audio or a webcast?

(I assume you mean "on" where you say "or")

Cooper - without any context, your question is kind of unanswerable...there
is no law prohibiting broadcasting a webcast as content on an AM/FM signal
(in comparison to, for example, how you can't broadcast an AM station's
content on an FM translator).  It's content just like any other...like a CD
or satellite feed.

There are rules in the works regarding paying royalty fees and licensing
rights regarding webcast simulcasts of an AM/FM broadcast, but there's
nothing concrete yet.   See www.sos-saveourstreams.com or
www.kurthanson.com for more info.