RE: Grammys, music, and what it's come DOWN to...

Martin Waters writes:

>     IMO, Ms. Carlton actually is a bright light. Carlos
> Santana seemed to
> think her worthy. I thought their collaboration on that
> single was right up
> there with the great top-40-stype/pop hit records of all time. <snip>

>    Now, if you want to start badmouthing, say Celine Dion,
> I'll be right
> there.

I'm open to another listen.  Suddenly, with the world stage as it is,
politically, ANY music is a welcome diversion, with some key exceptions,
inclusive of Ms. Dion.

Bill (for some reason, I can't get that riff that Stern plays when talking
of things Mid-east that is a sitar rendition of Up Up and Away....)
O'Neill