Re: war coverage pre-empting Bruins

By the time I arrived at RPI (September 1952), RRN had probably already become
the 'QXR Network, but the stations, besides WFLY, which was owned by the Troy
Record Newspaper, were the original stations of the Rural Radio Network (maybe
minus one station). I think a small amount of programming (weather, market
reports) was fed from Ithaca, but nearly the entire broadcast day was a
simulcast of WQXR-FM, which was itself a simulcast of WQXR (AM). I think the
Empire Radio Network, with which I am unfamiliar, must have come along well
after I left Troy (June 1956).
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205