Re: Chicks play falls

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill O'Neill" <billo@shoreham.net>
To: "'Roger Kirk'" <rogerkirk@ttlc.net>; "'A. Joseph Ross'"
<lawyer@attorneyross.com>; "'Dave Faneuf'" <tklaundry@juno.com>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2003 6:30 PM
Subject: RE: Chicks play falls

> Makes sense.  Song is certainly germaine to what goes on in the world now.
> A secretary in our office has a son in the thick of things in Gulf II.
> She had been upset by the remarks of the DC's lead singer, but whenever
> she heard "Travelin' Soldier" she was moved.  Her interest in the song far
> outweighs whatever missteps the band may have done to offend some of its
> customers.

It's a good song, but even before the recent controversy, I thought the song
had a subtle anti-war message.  Interesting that it would be used to rehab
the Chicks from the recent controversy.

MSNBC had a story yesterday that the Chicks had posed for one of those "I'd
rather go naked than wear fur" ads for PETA.  At the last minute, the ad was
pulled because the Chicks' management thought the ad would hurt their
careers.  So much for the idea that the Chicks put their principles above
their career.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/887590.asp

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine