More Protest songs

It would seem that the Solon article about the lack of protest songs was premature.  I saw a
feature this morning on MTV News about how many rock artists and groups are doing
protest songs and are putting them out on their websites if they can't get airplay.  They also
mentioned that Shakira spoke out against the war at a concert.  But not being a country-
western singer, she didn't get into trouble.

It also occurs to me that, at least in Massachusetts, stations that refuse to play an artist
because of the artist's political beliefs could be sued under the Massachusetts Civil Rights
Act.  Vanessa Redgrave won a suit against the Boston Symphony a few years ago, when
they cancelled her appearance because of her political beliefs.