Re: wall to wall war coverage on local radio

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:55:58 -0800 (PST) Bob Nelson
<raccoonradio@yahoo.com> writes:
> After the news broke of the beginning of the war
> tonight, here's what stations were doing wall to wall
> war coverage and/or talk (incomplete list):
>
> WRKO--after the very start of Fox News Live with Alan
> Colmes, they went back to ABC and stayed with them for
> several hours. Non stop, no commercials
>
> WEEI--carried CNN (so did WTKK)
>
> WBZ--local talk w/ Sullivan, Leveille
>
> WTKK--CNN
>
> Also I heard MSNBC on WQLL (96.5 Bedford NH) and some
> stations like WXRV
> and WKLB had brief news breaks
>
> WBUR-FM-- BBC coverage as of 1:15 am

WBUR initially went to NPR for coverage then switched to the BBC at 11:22
because in monitoring the Beeb they had much more meat in their coverage
vs NPR that was mostly talking heads.  When I got home I surfed TV and
found that BBC America was still providing the best coverage with live
reporters.
df