Re: NewsRadio 1150

The 1150 version of WMEX was a Greater Media station. It was Oldies from 1984 through 1989.  By then Oldies 103 had rendered the idea of an AM oldies station obsolete.

The station became Business Radio 1150 in December, 1989. It lasted until April, 1991, when a simulcast of Magic began.  Bit by bit the dayparts were brokered to foreign language program suppliers - mostly French Creole - although we did have an Albanian hour.  We had to hire people from Berlitz to do spot monitors so that we had at least some sense of what was being said on our station.

The WMEX calls disappeared from 1150 when we put on a syndicated kid-targeted format called KidStar in 1995.  The calls were WNFT.  Nifty 1150.  Much like Radio Disney without the funding.  It went bankrupt. ARS bought the station, then sold it to Mega.