Re: WJIB Website Under Construction?

Laurence Glavin wrote:
>>If you go to: http://www.wjib740.org
>>you'll see a mesage that a website using that URL is registered and
>>under construction.  How long has this been the case, and will a  WJIB
>>website some day be available with streaming LTAR?

Aaron Read replied:
>Doesn't look like it...check out a WHOIS on that domain name:
>http://www.networksolutions.com/cgi-bin/whois/whois?STRING=wjib740.org&SearchType=do
>
>No mention of Bob or any sort of company that might be related to
>him.   My guess (emphasis on "guess") is that this is a domain
>squatter.

To which I add:
Alas, Aaron, it depends on whose whois youis uise.

Register.com yielded the truth:
Indeed Robert Bittner of Rowley MA
is the Registrant, Administrative and Technical Contact.

I have found that the results of a WHOIS on any
given registrar's page may reveal absolutely
nothing.  It's their way of saying "not registered
here, pal - Good Luck!"

Roger Kirk