Re: WBOQ (FM) Sold (All in the Family)

No, no, no, no , NO!!! WBOQ has absolutely the finest music mix on the air in
these parts. They've got it right and it's a wonderful station to listen to--
when you're within range of its signal.

You've got plenty of classical choices: WGBH, WHRB, and--dare I say it?--WCRB.

I like standards and soft jazz that is really jazz--not the crap that "smooth
jazz" stations have the nerve to try to palm off as jazz (Kenny G 24/7... Puh-
leez!).

WBOQ is the ONLY choice for my kind of music around here--and maybe anywhere.
WCRN isn't bad either, but the music mix isn't nearly as sophisticated or
eclectic and they play way more junk than I like. Every time I hear Don Rondo
on WCRN I have to race for the radio to shut it off or change the station.

I'm trying to imagine my worst musical nightmare from the 50s pop era. How
about a singing group consisting of Don Rondo, Jerry Vale, Connie Francis, and
Joni James? Of that group, only Vale had talent, but he just couldn't stop
himself from picking the WORST material.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205