Re: Satellite

At 09:00 AM 3/6/2003 -0800, pete lee wrote:
>  Note that this is the time of year where the sun interferes with radio
> satellite distribution. Yesterday (Wednesday) Tom Martino's
> "Troubleshooter" live feed took a four-minute hit.
>
>My question is: if astronomers can predict eclipses. et al, can satellite
>outages be likewise predicted? Satellite problems usually result in dead
>air unless someone is wide awake at the board. And beneath the open
>carrier one has the opportunity for normally-unheard daytime DX...

Yes, in the public radio world they are predicted well in advance and
usually the stations do SOMETHING to help cover.  Often the east coast
stations will share feeds over ISDN with west coast stations and vice versa
as the outages hit each coast at different times.

I don't know about commercial radio.