TV Sweeps v. Pledge Week

Must admit, as much as I detest public TV pledge weeks (per my prior
rant today) the barrage of reality TV on commercial stations, along with
other things that are "timed" for that ratings period is also annoying.

Some good does come from ratings sweeps, like the habit of putting first
run shows in there, holding on reruns until March or loading up on them
in January.  The biggest downside?  Hours and hours of has-been
psychopaths like Michael Jackson, cavorting gaily through the tulips
with unsuspecting juveniles as their Mensa-candidate parents look-on.

Thank God for TV Land, BBC America, Turner Classic Movies, ESPN and PBS
(when it's back to reality.)

Bill O'Neill