RE: NBC Chimes (was Re: NBC Radio News)

From: Bob Nelson
> Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 1:16 PM
> To: Larry Lovering; boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
> Subject: RE: NBC Chimes (was Re: NBC Radio News)
>

> Could have been. The end was something like,
> "So today, hear me say, I, love, you" (or at the very
> least the last 3 words were "I love you"). Then as the
> applause for the song came up, Morris did the
> familiar show open ("And now live from New
> York, it's Saturday Night").

The words, to the NBC Love Song:

(Chime)
(Piano chime)
(Orchestra chime)

On the NBC tonight, you'll hear three tones ring out.
They have a special meaning, so here's what it's all about,
I Love You
Three little tones that just had their say
I Love You
Funny, but honey that's what they say.

Chimes have rung, program's done,
My love song has just begun.

Turn the dials of your heart, tuned into my station.
Though we may be miles apart, your radio tells you I know.
Listen dear, can't you hear,
I Love You.

(Musical bridge)

(chime)

End

-Larry
www.southstation.org
AIM: lloverin55
Listen to the rare hits of the 50s, 60s and 70s on the Hits of Yesterday
at www.southstation.org/hitradio or www.live365.com/stations/lloverin