Re: Is 38 blacked out up north?

-

> > Is the Sox game only on NESN outside of Boston?
>
> The Sox game is on NESN on Sus-Com in the
> Bath/Brunswick area.  They don't
> carry 38 or 56 do to duplication in programming due
> to UPN and syndicated
> deals.
>
> -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

In Bangor, Adelphia is carrying the game on UPN38, as
well as NESN.  What is strange about the UPN situation
here is that we have a local affilate of UPN (WCKD)
yet the cable company still has 38 on the system,
exactly one channel up!  UPN network programming is
not blacked out, so we have the exact same programs on
two consecutive channels (10 and 11) every night.  I
wonder why after more than a year no one at WCKD
noticed...youd think Adelphia would remove 38, like
they did with WB51 out of portland...