Great Boston radio???

I was visiting my parents and family friends (they're all in their late
fifities) this weekend and one thiing that was mentioned was how awful
local radio is in their neck of the woods (southeastern Connecticut) and
how much better Boston radio was...especially WODS 103.3 (!!!)

They looked a little crestfallen when I explained Boston radio wasn't
really much better...just *different*.  I.e. it's also a lousy 20 song
playlist, just a slightly different 20 songs.   If they lived in Boston and
listened to it all the time they'd quickly notice it, but usually they're
just up in Boston visiting for the weekend every once in a great while.

My dad mentioned that he thought Hartford radio (which mostly isn't
listened to on the coast) might be the same way...when he was up there last
week it didn't sound much better, just a somewhat different playlist.

Just an amusing anecdote from the weekend.