Re: Grammys, music, and what it's come DOWN to...

Bill O'Neill writes:
> Carlton, sounds like she did a great job getting to what the industry
> considers to be #1.

I'll disagree. I actually own Vanessa's CD and think it's much better than
(swinging this back on-topic) most of what you hear on the radio today by
miles (no pun intended).

Nowadays, it seems like the most creativity and originality in the music
field (at least that breaking into radio formats) is coming from the R&B
and, to a lesser extent, pop sectors. Every band played on modern rock
stations seem to be tribute bands to Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains (in
Audioslave's case), or Limp Bizkit. I actually hear stuff on R&B stations
and enjoy the freshness a good deal of it presents (including, believe it or
not, Eminem, sometimes-hideous lyrics aside).