RE: Boston Globe Online / Metro | Region / WPRI reporter's link to club stirs ethical questions

> Dave:
> So, if you asked an employee a question and they gave you an answer you
would assume they are lying?

>Dan Billings  writes:
>In this case, the club owner should not have been looked at as an >employee
>and the journalist should have had the same level of skepticism that >they
>would have had with any other club owner.
>-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

Dave:
So do you KNOW that WPRI did NOT check with the fire dept and see if the club had violations or are you assuming that because it's a journalist that no questions were asked?  It would seem to me that prior to doing a story like a follow up to the Chicago story the station would need a list of violations of the club being featured.  The fire dept has said the club did not have any violations.
df