RE: Concert Disaster In Rhode Island

\Sven:

> This is true.  A lot of New York City clubs I would qualify
> as unfit for
> use.  The world-famous Palladium (a gorgeous old vaudevill
> house) slowly
> went to seed during its tenure as a club. During its last days,
> moisture-related blisters would form on the plaster walls and
> even chunks
> of wall would be missing.

The former Commodore in Lowell (current site of a parking garage at the
Gallagher Terminal) once hosted the Dorseys, Glen Miller, and that was
when the leaders were actually at the helms.  It devolved into "Mr. C's
Rock Palace" in the late 70s.  For a while, WJUL used to bcast every
Satdee night from about 10 til hiccup.  (8k switch 56 days) There was a
small room behind a wall in the sound room up on a loft overlooking the
floor.  That room was so disgusting that even the rats would exclaim,
"Oh my..." as they'd make their way in.

Bill O'Neill